Fresh lemon zest brightens up this citrusy pound cake. The glaze makes the cake moist and irresistible.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Pyrure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend
- 1/2 tsp Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Line an 8 x 4- inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat together butter and Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition. Beat in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with milk.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool on rack.
- Lemon Glaze: Add water to lemon juice to bring up to 1/2 cup. Combine in saucepan with Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend and Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia. Bring to a boil on medium and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced by two-thirds.
- Brush glaze over cooled cake.
- Per 1/8 recipe
- Calories 350
- Fat 26g
- Cholesterol 155mg
- Sodium 310mg
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 6g