Warm spices punch the flavor of basic cookie dough making these cookies perfect for the holidays.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat butter with Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg until well blended. Beat in vanilla.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice and salt together.
- Stir into butter mixture in two additions.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll on lightly floured surface or between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-inch thick.
- Using desired cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookies 2-inches apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let cool on racks.
Tip: To soften cold butter, cut the sticks lengthwise into slices and arrange them in a single layer on a plate. Leave at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Per 1 cookie
- Calories 60
- Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 35mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 1g