Sugar free vanilla pudding makes a great base for these frozen pops. If you prefer, eat the pudding straight from the fridge instead of freezing.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend
- 1 tsp Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia, vanilla flavor
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp butter
- In saucepan, whisk together milk, Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend, Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia, vanilla flavor, vanilla extract and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 10 to 12 minutes, or until steaming and beginning to thicken.
- In separate heatproof bowl, whisk egg yolks.
- Pour half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking. Pour mixture back into saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Let cool. Transfer to bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Spoon pudding into frozen pop molds. Insert wooden pop sticks and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
TIP: Place plastic or waxed paper on top of pudding, touching it, as it cools so it doesn’t form a pudding skin.
- Per 1 pudding pop
- Calories 150
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 145mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 5g